Only Organisation Administrators can add Apps to their organisation.
What are Immerse Platform Apps?
Immerse Apps (similar to 'Scenes' in previous versions of the Immerse Platform) are deployable content, against which Cohorts can be generated, allowing Learners' data to be captured and multi-user sessions joined.
Deployment to headsets
Whilst the Immerse Platform can host Android applications running on Meta Quest, Pico Neo and Vive Focus, it does not deploy applications to these headsets. For this, we recommend using a tool such as ManageXR , ArborXR , Vive Business , or upcoming Quest for Business
How to add Immerse Apps to your organisation:
Apps can be added in two ways:
- Custom built using the Immerse SDK, either internally or by a third party developer
- From the Immerse Marketplace
Once added to an organisation, they are visible in the App List.
The App list (vr.immerse.io/apps) displays all Immerse Apps available in your organisation. From here, Organisation Administrators are able to create Cohorts for these Apps.
1) Search by name
2) Create App
3) App description (clicks through to App Overview), displaying
- App Name
- App Description
- Single / Multi user
- Device type (Android, PCVR, WebGL)
Apps are added via the Create App button:
- App name - provide a clear, descriptive name for your App; this will be its title, displayed in the App list and other list pages, so try to keep it as concise as possible
- App type - choose between 'Single' and 'Multi User'. This setting cannot be changed later; for many applications single user will be the default.
- Thumbnail - upload a cover image. This will be displayed in the App list and other list pages
- Upload PCVR, WebGL and / or Android File - VR files must be .zip format, WebGL files can be .zip or .tar.gz. Note: The file size limit is 1GB for WebGL and VR files. Files uploaded must included an Immerse Manifest / metadata.jason file).
- Description - this will be displayed in the App list and other pages. It will be truncated in some views but you are encouraged to provide as much detail about your training here, including objectives, overview, etc.
- How to access - use this section to describe how the application will be used: at home, in a training centre, etc. This information will be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
- Additional information - add links to internal intranet pages, support information, etc. This information will also be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
- Hit CREATE to save the App to your organisation.
Single vs Multi-user apps
The Immerse Platform can host single or multi-user sessions (although your App needs to be built specifically to work within multi-user environments)
Like a web meeting, multi-user sessions require scheduling to ensure participants arrive on time. Use the Immerse Platform to generate a session URL and schedule participants using a calendaring tool, such as Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook.
The App overview page, displays metrics and data related to the App.
- App sub-navigation - Cohorts, Learners, Session History, Permissions, App Settings
- Description - populated when the app is created
- Date range
- App Analytics displaying completions, pass, fail, average score, average session length, etc.
- Recent Sessions
- App usage graph, displaying completion and pass/fail data
To ensure that App completion statements display correctly on the Immerse Platform, they must be sent in the correct format
Once added, the App owner can provide access to other Organisation Administrators, to help manage and deploy training. Two permission levels can be granted - App Manager and Cohort Manager
Updated 4 months ago