Only Organisation Administrators can add Apps to their organisation.
Immerse Apps (similar to 'Scenes' in previous versions of the Immerse Platform) are deployable content, against which Cohorts can be generated, allowing Learners' data to be captured and multi-user sessions joined.
Deployment to headsets
Whilst the Immerse Platform can host Android applications running on Meta Quest, Pico Neo and Vive Focus, it does not deploy applications to these headsets. For this, we recommend using a tool such as ManageXR , ArborXR , Vive Business , or upcoming Quest for Business
Apps can be added in two ways:
- Custom built using the Immerse SDK, either internally or by a third party developer
- From the Immerse Marketplace
Once added to an organisation, they are visible in the App List.
- App Name
- App Description
- Single / Multi user
- Device type (Android, PCVR, WebGL)
Apps can be manually added via the [+ NEW APP] button:
- App name - provide a clear, descriptive name for your App; this will be its title, displayed in the App list and other list pages, so try to keep it as concise as possible
- App type - choose between 'Single' and 'Multi User'. This setting cannot be changed later; for many applications single user will be the default.
- Thumbnail - upload a cover image. This will be displayed in the App list and other list pages
- Upload PCVR, WebGL and / or Android File - VR files must be .zip format, WebGL files can be .zip or .tar.gz. Note: The file size limit is 1GB for WebGL and VR files. Files uploaded must included an Immerse Manifest / metadata.json file).
- Description - this will be displayed in the App list and other pages. It will be truncated in some views but you are encouraged to provide as much detail about your training here, including objectives, overview, etc.
- How to access - use this section to describe how the application will be used: at home, in a training centre, etc. This information will be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
- Additional information - add links to internal intranet pages, support information, etc. This information will also be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
- Hit CREATE to save the App to your organisation.
The Immerse Platform can host single or multi-user sessions (although your App needs to be built specifically to work within multi-user environments)
Like a web meeting, multi-user sessions require scheduling to ensure participants arrive on time. Use the Immerse Platform to generate a session URL and schedule participants using a calendaring tool, such as Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook.
The App overview page, displays metrics and data related to the App.
- App sub-navigation - Cohorts, Learners, Session History, Permissions, App Settings
- Description - populated when the app is created
- Date range
- App Analytics displaying completions, pass, fail, average score, average session length, etc.
- Recent Sessions
- App usage graph, displaying completion and pass/fail data
To ensure that App completion statements display correctly on the Immerse Platform, they must be sent in the correct format
Provided it is permitted for your organisation, APK files can be downloaded directly from the App Settings tab. Once downloaded, the file can be distributed via an MDM tool, or sideloaded directly to users' headsets
Updated 8 months ago