Immerse Cohorts provide a way for grouping learners and their access to Immerse content. There are no hard and fast rules for establishing Cohorts, however they could be grouped:
- by geographical location - continent, country, region, etc.
- by organisational function - HR, IT, Sales, Marketing, etc.
- chronologically - Q1, January, etc.
One of the key differentiators, is the way Learners access the content.
Displays all the Cohorts that have been created for an App:
1) Search feature
2) Create a Cohort
3) Cohort details; click through to see a Cohort overview
1) Name - provide a descriptive name for the Cohort
2) Tracking - decide whether you want to track App usage by a specific Learner account, or just need to capture the data, but the specific user is unimportant (note: Apps that require Anonymous tracking must be created using Immerse SDK 5.3, or 4.10, or above)
3) How will learners access this content?
- Email - this type of Cohort can only be accessed by Learners specifically added via their email address. An invitation email will be sent from the Immerse Platform (note: this requires the invited Learner to have an active account on the Immerse Platform before they are invited.)
- Link - a unique Session URL is created, which can be accessed by any learner in your organisation. The Link can be added to emails, intranet pages, Learning Management Systems, etc.
- Facilitated - typically used in scenarios where you need to track learners by name, but they don't have the means to create an Immerse account (e.g. an email address). Note, these Cohorts can also include named users (which already have an Immerse account), alongside ad-hoc created 'Basic Users'
4) Description - this field is imported from the App Description, however it can be overwritten or modified on a per-Cohort basis. This information will be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
5) How to access - this field is also imported from the App Description and can be overwritten or modified on a per-Cohort basis. This information will also be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
6) Useful contacts - recommended for adding support email addresses and contact details. This information will also be displayed on the Session Access page and is likely to be read by Learners before they start their training.
7) CREATE COHORT
Learners can access content on the Immerse Platform, in different ways.
- Named (by email)
- Named (by link)
- Anonymous (requires App to have been created with Immerse SDK 4.10 / 5.3 and above)
|Captures data against named user
|Requires user authentication each time app is used
|Sends automated invitation email
|Requires user to have Immerse Platform account
(session data is captured but user is anonymous)
(user cannot log-in and is a 'basic user'
(can be created on the fly and requires no email address)
Once created, Learners can be added by clicking [START ADDING LEARNERS]. Learners can be added individually, or via Groups
Learners added to this Cohort require an Immerse Account. Once added, they will receive an email from the Immerse Platform containing a link to access the content.
Copying the link will generate a unique Immerse Session URL:
This URL can be accessed by any Learner in your organisation and can be added to emails, intranet pages, Learning Management Systems, etc
Anonymous Cohorts have an associated 'Cohort PIN'.
Once generated, the same PIN can be entered on multiple headsets. Data will be captured against a user named ANONYMOUS USER
Once connected to an Anonymous Cohort, the end user will not need to re-enter the PIN each time the application is launched; they are automatically connected to the session on launching the application.
To unlink an App from an Anonymous Cohort, the end user must long-press the 'B' and 'Y' buttons on their VR controllers whilst the application launches. They will then be prompted to input a PIN.
Once this Cohort is created, you will be prompted to [START ADDING LEARNERS]
Facilitated Cohorts allow Learners to be created on the fly, that do not require an Immerse Account / email address. These Learners are known as 'Basic Users'.
Standard Users can also be added to a Facilitated Cohort, alongside Basic Users.
Once added, the Cohort owner / facilitator can reveal a 6-digit PIN on behalf of the Basic User and provide this to them, typically verbally (in a training centre), or via an instant message or email.
Updated 9 months ago